The ANME Advancement Award
The ANME Advancement Award honors health policy activities, scientific or literary works, as well as practice-oriented projects and personalities within the European area, which correspond to the guiding idea of a TM/CAM culture in the sense of an intangible cultural heritage and give impulses for user and consumer education. This guiding idea of culture and TM/CAM sees both as a unity and wants to contribute to a careful use of natural resources (soil, air, water, plants, animals, humans) in the use and development of traditional healing methods, the promotion of health and cultural heritage.
The ANME award is endowed with 1000, - EURO and is awarded every 3 years, if possible.
The ANME Advancement Award is awarded to
- a personality
- a project or
- a scientific work
which has comprehensively dealt with the topic of naturopathy, traditional, complementary or alternative medicine (TM/CAM). This can be done in terms of prevention, health promotion and cultural practice, as well as on a health policy and developmental level. The decisive factor is the impetus and significance for an implementation of these findings in Europe and the national states.
Awards can be given in particular for achievements
- In education and training (e.g. meaning: the development of outstanding training concepts and quality assurance, EQF, ECVET)
- In the promotion, recognition and dissemination of TM/CAM (this can be personal therapeutic or journalistic achievements, but also achievements in cooperation that promote TM/CAM institutionally, e.g. cooperation, networking, project work, initiation of international cooperation)
- Services of journalism and dissemination of knowledge and information about TM/CAM
- For the development, as well as the preservation and securing of the availability of remedies and therapy procedures.
The achievement to be awarded should have a special publicity effect. The awarder should be in cooperation with institutions and persons who promote TM/CAM and point beyond individuals.
The application procedure
Interested parties are invited to submit their proposals by December 31st of the current calendar year, appointed by the Executive Board. For this purpose, it is necessary to clearly name the submitted proposals, indicating the person, project or work from the European area, to attach a justification and the contact details and to send this by e-mail to the office. Without these documents, the Extended Board will not be able to process.
- The application can be made either directly or by proposal. Applications from all areas of TM/CAM are welcome. Membership in ANME is not a prerequisite.
- Individuals and legal entities are eligible to apply.
- All members of the Extended ANME board are excluded from candidacy.
- Proposals and applications must be submitted to the office by the deadline. The collected applications will be forwarded to the Extended ANME Board. The latter makes a reasoned choice. The award winner will be announced at the next Annual Membership Assembly.
The award ceremony should take place in a public ceremony or in a festive setting. The location is flexible. It will be chaired by a member of the Executive Board. In order to increase the public impact, cooperation with a major event with suitable content is sought.
Please send your proposals, together with meaningful justifications and documents, by e-mail to our office.
Status march 2022